Thursday, February 11, 2010

Slacking on my New Years resolution....

Yes, I'll admit it, I'm not sticking to my New Years resolution like I was hoping. I have a few more garden pictures that I forgot were on the camera that I want to add this weekend, in addition to a new, exciting post (topic TBD). Also, Kevin (the other post-doc in Nik's lab), Nik, and myself have begun a blog on our "quest for the best pizza in Cincinnati." You can find it at http://cincypizzaquest.blogspot.com/. Hopefully that one will stay a little more up-to-date than this once since it has 3 people working on it (although, it's not off to a good start!).

On another note, my half-marathon training is going well so far, I'm up to almost 6 miles. I've finally gotten used to running in the cold, but definitely not the snow and ice. We were hit with snow last Friday/Saturday, so I skipped the running group last Saturday morning so that I could shovel the driveway and sidewalk and allow for other people to do so too. It was still a tough run Saturday afternoon, with probably only ~25% of the sidewalks shoveled. We got hit again Monday night/Tuesday, so I skipped running group again Tuesday and ran on the treadmill at work yesterday. Running 4-5 miles on a treadmill is incredibly boring (but a little faster and easier). Needless to say, I'm so ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment