Saturday, May 15, 2010

Labor Day Weekend, 2009

We spent last year's labor day weekend up at Nik's families lake house to celebrate Katherine and Matt's wedding with the folks up there. We had a big cookout and I got to make the cake as well as Mexican wedding cookies. It was a really nice, relaxing weekend as it always is at the lake. I really love the little bit of time I get to spend up there. Here are some pictures from that trip:


The (if I do say so myself) delicious chocolate cake I made.




The fire pit and bench that Natalie and Katherine built at the little cabin.


The fire pit in use that night.


Ivan ready to cut some meat.


The beverage table.






Nik and me at the cookout.


Natalie and Katherine.






Greg and Natalie (and Caleb) looking out on the lake.


Trying to make a good Christmas card....


And Nik and I happened to be wearing red and green.






Ivan and Susan left the day before us "kids," so someone had to cook dinner :)


2 comments:

  1. Two blogs for you to check out:
    http://ivorypomegranate.com/
    and
    http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/
    Enjoy!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I've added them to my daily blog reading list :)

    ReplyDelete