Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sorry for the interruption...

Well, August was supposed to be the not-so-busy month in which I would have a chance to get back in to my running groove, spend more time outside, and catch up on the blog. One of those came true, I have spent quite a bit more time outside, but not for play. An oil pipeline in Michigan had a leak, nearly a million gallons, making it larger than the Exxon Valdez spill. I volunteered for my first response and they happily accepted my offer. I spent the first 15 days of the month in Michigan, working at least 12.5 hour days, and will be heading back up there on Sunday. All-in-all, I'll end up spending 26 of the 31 days of August in Michigan. So, what was supposed to be my not-so-busy month has turned in to my busiest month yet, but at least I got to go up in a helicopter during my first stint!


No comments:

Post a Comment